The Co-operative Childcare is part of The Midcounties Co-operative, the second largest independent co-operative in the UK. We have 470 sites spanning 8 different businesses - Food Retail, Pharmacy, Travel, Funeral, Post Offices, Employee Benefits, Energy and of course Childcare.
Our vision is
“To be a successful consumer co-operative business working towards creating a better, fairer world and to enhance the lives of our colleagues, members, customers and the communities we serve”
We are different from other businesses because:
- We are owned and controlled by our members
- Our Board of Directors is elected by and from the membership
- All colleagues are encouraged to be members
- We re-invest a percentage of our profits in the communities we serve
- Members are rewarded for doing business with us through a share of the profits
- Our members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others
- We are part of a global movement bound by our Co-operative Values and Principles
We had just 6 nurseries in 2004 but now in 2016 we have 44 nurseries. We have built on our promise to provide communities with quality early years childcare and education in line with our underlying co-operative values of Democracy, Openness, Equality and Social Responsibility.