Qualifications and Training
First and foremost it is important we operate in a responsible way, we therefore always take the following precautionary measures with anyone who comes into contact with children in our care.
You can rest assured that we: -
- Make thorough checks with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) before allowing any unsupervised contact of staff with children
- Give all colleagues a copy of our Safeguarding Children Policy
- Obtain professional and character references
- Maintain a 6 month probationary period for all new starters during which performance is monitored
- Complete thorough inductions before allowing new starters to be included in ratios of colleagues to children, in order that they have a full understanding of company policies and procedures
- Ensure all staff have a Personal Development Portfolio (PDP) to ensure all our colleagues are observed undertaking key tasks with their children
- Complete a strict risk assessment to ensure the only people entering the building are those who are safe to do so
We recognise the importance of all our colleagues having access to appropriate training for their own development and for the superior care of our children. We have a structured training programme which all our colleagues are required to complete over a specified period of time.
Our colleagues’ training includes:
- Basic First Aid
- First Aid Paediatric
- Behaviour Management
- Partnership with Parents
- Food Hygiene
- EYFS including Key Person Approach
We also support and encourage our people in their on-going development and the majority of our nurseries will hold staff qualified as below, dependant on their position within the nursery.
- BA (Hons) Early Years Management
- Foundation Degree level 4
- Level 4 Diploma in 0-3 Learning and Development
- NVQ Level 3 in Early Years
- BTEC National Diploma in Early Years
- NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Diploma in Childcare and Education
- NVQ level 2 in Childcare
For those who want to develop their careers further we also offer an apprenticeship programme enabling and supporting all our staff to be the best practitioners they can be.
We are proud to share our qualifications with parents as we understand that this is an important assessment for parents when deciding on where to place their child and in the interests of our values of honesty and openness, we are happy to share our colleagues' experience and qualifications on an individual basis. Please speak to your local Nursery Manager should you want any more information about staff in your child’s nursery.